1530 Oakdale Avenue, West St. Paul, MN 55118 651-457-5686
We hope you will join us for worship on Sunday at 9:30 a.m. The Sunday morning services follow a traditional order of Christian worship with a variety of music, prayers, and a sermon. Our services are very visitor-friendly, last approximately one hour and are followed by fellowship time in the Fellowship Hall. Children are dismissed for Sunday School classes at approximately 9:45 a.m. (after Children’s Time).
An adult Sunday School class meets at 10:50 a.m. in the Fireside Room. We are now in a four-part study on the meaning of the Incarnation, led by Dr. Dana Scopatz.
- December 16 – “The Christmas Story” presented by the Sunday School during morning worship
- December 16 at 4:00 p.m. – Blue Christmas Service
Is Christmas a difficult time for you? Do you look for a place that will allow you time away from the hype of Christmas, an opportunity to experience a sacred space in the midst of our lives that sometimes feel awkward, uncomfortable and messy? You are invited to join us for this special worship service at which we will provide a space to be quiet and still, to remember, and to hear again the story of God coming to us.
- December 19 – Wednesday 6:16 Prayer
“Holy God, in these days help us to love you, to see each other, and to hear where you are calling us. In the name of Christ who shows us the way. Let it be so. Amen.“
- December 24 at 4:00 p.m. – Christmas Eve Worship
Come hear about the littlest angel and the gift he gives to the baby! We will worship together in a family-oriented candlelight service. Please join us.
- January 6 at 4:30 p.m. – The Annual Epiphany Service at the Old Salem Shrine is back by popular demand! This Candlelight Service will be led by Rev. Laurie Boche, former pastor with Hope United Methodist Church in Duluth, MN. Rev. David Brown, former pastor from Mount Bethel United Methodist Church, will bring the message. Come and experience an old-fashioned service as it was in the 1800s, including candles, lanterns, and a wood stove, while singing Christmas carols accompanied by the antique pump organ. Old Salem Kirche was the first evangelical church in the State of Minnesota, organized in 1857 and the birthplace for several congregations throughout our region. Let this service become a tradition for you and your family. Old Salem is located on Upper 55th St. (formerly Salem Church Road) between Robert St. and Babcock Trail in Inver Grove Heights. For more information contact Jill Lewis at 651-455-9404.
Church in the Maples grieves, seeks prayers after fire destroys building
By: Christa Meland
Just three months after celebrating its 160th anniversary, Church in the Maples in Norwood Young America caught fire and was effectively demolished on Sunday night. The small United Methodist congregation, which has a large historical footprint in its community, is seeking prayers as members grieve and wait to find out what’s next. (click here to continue reading)
NEW United Methodist Now – Inspiration for Daily Living
Articles include: New Quiz: Advent and Christmas Music; Moved to Respond: How to Have a Holy Holiday Season; and Make Room for Hope: Advent Devotional and Prayer.
Choir at The Sanctuary – December 8, 2018 (click here for more pictures)
Breakfast with Santa – December 1, 2018 (click here for more pictures)